Vietnam is a country that thrives on agriculture, therefore, Vietnamese agricultural products are abundant and diverse. In recent years, the position of Vietnamese agricultural goods and processed agricultural products has been increasingly affirmed and firmly established in the global supply chain. One of the most popular Vietnamese processed agricultural products is rice paper wrappers, which are not only favoured by Vietnam but also by many foreign countries including the US, the EU, Korea, Japan, and other Asian countries.
What are Vietnamese rice paper wrappers and how they are made?
Vietnamese rice paper is thin, translucent edible paper wrapper. The most common ingredients to make Vietnamese rice paper wrappers are rice flour, water, a little bit of tapioca flour, and some seasonings such as salt, pepper, sugar, garlic, onions, etc depending on the recipe of each region in Vietnam. This mixture is then poured on a flat surface of a steaming pot where it is spread into a thin layer. Following this step, it would be dried up under sunlight. The final products are thin, translucent round or rectangular paper.
Rice paper wrappers are typically sold in dried sheets and are lightly soaked in water to soften the texture before use. The sheets can be used as a wrapper for ingredients such as vegetables like lettuce, cucumber, meat or seafood and rice vermicelli to make spring rolls or they can be can also be fried or grilled to create a crispy texture. Their mild, slightly sweet flavour pairs well with a variety of ingredients and sauces, and they add a pleasant chewiness to dishes. The great thing about rice paper wrappers is that they are low in fat and calories and are also gluten-free, making them a popular choice for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
The prospect of Vietnamese rice paper in global market
In recent years, the demand for Vietnamese rice paper has been growing in the global market, and there is a lot of potential for its future growth. In Vietnam, there are many manufacturers specializing in the production of rice paper that meet strict export standards. In fact, this product has been exported to more than 40 countries worldwide, especially the US. The types of rice paper exported are also very diverse, namely fresh roll rice paper, spring roll rice paper and sesame rice paper, etc. The Vietnamese rice paper is a preferred choice among American consumers due to its delicious taste, affordable price, and can be used for various dishes. In addition, preserving rice paper is simple so it is convenient to transport and use in long-term.
- How Vietnam Became an Agriculture Powerhouse
- Adapting to New Work Models: Challenges and Solutions for Modern Businesses
- An Analysis of the World Bank's Perspective on the Vietnamese Market
- The Power of Local Connections: How Vietnamese Business Partners Boost Market Entry
- The Economic and Investment Situation of Vietnam in September 2023 and 9 Months of 2023
- Vietnam - Safe and Attractive Destination that Brings You Success
- Unlocking the Bounty: Vietnam's Thriving Fruit Export Market
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam plans to construct 7 additional logistics centers
- The Socio-Economic Situation of Vietnam in August and 8 months of 2023
- Vietnam has established comprehensive strategic partnerships with which countries? Types of partnership relations in Vietnam.